California State and Local Politics
Section 6 and 8 Spring Semester 2011
Lecturer: Chuck Dalldorf
Office: Tahoe Hall 3001 Department Phone: (916) 278-6202
Congratulations! We are almost half way through our adventure and you are doing a great job. I look forward to celebrating your successful completion of this class and for many of you - graduation – which I hope to celebrate with you!
You will write a 3 – 5 page bill analysis on an ACTIVE BILL currently in the California State Legislature. The bill can be either an Assembly Bill (AB #) or Senate Bill (SB #).
Please do not do an analysis of any resolutions: concurrent resolutions (ACR or SCR) or joint resolutions (AJR or SJR).
Your memo will include the following:
- Your name and e-mail address (in case I have questions during recess while I am reading).
- The Date you are submitting your analysis
- The Bill Number and author (please include any co-authors listed).
- The date the bill was last amended (unless there have been no amendments) and the date it was introduced.
- What does this bill propose to do?
- What law does this bill propose to change?
- Does the bill require a majority vote or a 2/3 vote?
- Does the bill need to go to a fiscal committee?
- Does the bill create a state mandated local program?
- Your recommendation to me to support or oppose the bill and WHY
This assignment is due to me no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday, March 18, 2011. You can turn it in at any time between now and March 18 but not after.